Dreamwidth version here.
Last updated: June 6th, 2012.
◦ New Evolution of the 21st century.
◦ Record Label: YG Entertainmment
◦ Official Debut Date: May 6th (May 7th KST) & May 17th (Stage Debut Date)
◦ Official Fan Club Name: Blackjacks
◦ Official Fan Club Color: Hot Pink
◦ Official Youtube Channels: YGE | 2NE1
◦ Official Me2Days: Bom | Dara | CL | Minzy
◦ Official Websites: 2NE1 | Daum | UFO Town | Facebook
◦ Official Twitters: Bom | Minzy
◦ 2NE1 was originally going to be called just "21" but YGE changed it because there was already a singer by that name.
◦ All four members were originally supposed to debut as solo artists. The girl group idea however was originally supposed to consist of Park Bom, Goo Hyesun and Park Sandara. Months before their debut, the only ones rumored to be debuting were CL, Minzy and Bom.
◦ Teddy produced "Lollipop", "Fire", and "I Don't Care". "Lollipop" was inspired in one night and was immediately sent over to Korea after Teddy finished where G-Dragon wrote the lyrics to it. He has since become 2NE1's producer. Kush, now known as e.knock, also produces music for the girls.
◦ Jinu, from the duo JinuSean, travels with 2NE1 and takes care of them.
◦ 2NE1 has worked with Black Eyed Peas producer, Will.I.Am and traveled to Los Angeles and London to work with him and other foreign producers.
◦ They were the first artists to start the triple-track promotions and made history for winning four Inkigayo mutizens.
◦ The brands they currently endorse or have endorsed are: Beanpole, 11st, Samsung, Etude House, Fila and most recently, Adidas Originals. They do not endorse Jeremy Scott's personal line but often wear a lot of pieces from him and have met the designer himself on several occasions. They were also seen wearing his brand during the 2010 Style Icon Awards.
◦ Save for YG Family, 2NE1 is not close to other idols. Individually, they may know and are friendly with idols outside their circle (e.g. Minzy and her SM bible group, CL and certain JYP idols) but they keep within the label and spend most of their time in the practice room.
◦ Individual endorsements: Lancome (CL), Etude House (Dara).
MVs to date (chronological order):
Lollipop, Fire (Street/Space), I Don't Care, Try to Follow Me, Clap Your Hands, Go Away, Can't Nobody (English), It Hurts, Don't Stop The Music, Lonely, I Am The Best, Hate You, UGLY, Be Mine.
CL/Dara - the closest out of the four and they often get screentime on 2NE1TV, most notably going grocery shopping together. Even before CL became comfortable with the other members, she seemed most at ease first with Dara, publically displaying her affection for the older girl. She treats Dara with almost motherly care and concern but at the same time teases her and was the one who started the Ssandara Park nickname. Dara also used to dedicate most of her me2day entries to CL, jokingly calling herself a CL fan. They are currently living together in the apartment the group used to occupy.
Bom/Minzy - unlike CL and Dara, these two get less screentime and are more chill with each other. However, like CL, Minzy seems to be more matured when she's with Bom. She does get bullied and teased at tiimes but Bom sometimes acts like a motherly figure to Minzy and takes care of her. They currently reside in the apartment above CL and Dara's.
CL/Minzy - a relationship that was previously awkward due to their similar personalities, it has recently gotten better even if they don't talk often. Minzy is the reason for CL's MalChae nickname, comparing the older girl's eyes to a camel's and CL retaliates by making fun of Minzy, once imitating some of her facial expressions. Additionally, judging from their press conference in the Phillipines, it can be seen that Minzy and CL have started to bond together much like sisters. It's easy to presume that Minzy respects and looks up to CL.
Bom/Dara - nicknamed the Park sisters, they are close with each other, being the older ones of the group. They don't get into a lot of mischief together, preferring to go out to eat or shop. Their relationship is much more comfortable than the maknaes' and joke around with each other. Bom has said before that Dara doesn't compliment her all the time but she feels comfortable with Dara when she's troubled because of the support she gives.
Dara/Minzy - visual maknae and real maknae, these two get along pretty well and Dara makes sure to take care of Minji, probably seeing her in the same light as her own younger brother. Like with CL, Dara is the "younger" one in this relationship.
CL/Bom - CL teases Bom much like she teases Dara but she keeps a distance between herself and Bom. Bom however does take care of CL (all the members actually) much like she cares for Minzy but the two have not been seen out together yet. Personally, I feel that, given CL's more serious personality, Bom's over-the-top craziness can be a bit too much to handle for CL. Nonetheless, the two do get along and joke around in interviews. Think of them as the female versions of GD&TOP.
YG Ladies (signup required to read basic topics) | Royal Ace Subs | 2NE1 in the K-Pop Tumblr Directory | WeLoveBom | WeLoveDara | 2NE1 Gallery | Mega Nickname List | 21Nolza
◦ Position: Leader
◦ English Name: Faith
◦ Nicknames: Ddokchae (Smart Chae), Botda Oosagi (Pig-rabbit, elementary school nickname)
◦ Date of birth: February 26, 1991
◦ Talent: Rapping, singing and dancing
◦ Able to speak four languages: English, Korean, Japanese and French. Her fluency in the latter two can be disputed though.
◦ Traveled often due to her father's job and has resided in California (San Jose(?)), Japan (Tsukuba, Ibaraki prefecture), France.
◦ Has a younger sister named Harin.
◦ Idolizes Lauryn Hill, Madonna, Nicki Minaj and Lil Kim.
◦ Has a very public crush on Teddy, their producer, and used to take pictures with Teddy's face on inanimate objects (a tofu pillow, a page from a magazine, etc)
◦ Extreme clean freak and hates messes.
◦ Can cook well. Took classes during 2NE1's break.
◦ Also sleeps very well and the longest she's slept is 20 hours.
◦ Technologically challenged, up till now all she knows is to use iTunes and search for pictures of Teddy.
◦ Enjoys Americano coffee.
◦ Revealed in a radio interview that she would wear the boys' uniform instead of the girls because she's uncomfortable with wearing skirts - she still does not show her legs off often nor wear shorts without leggings underneath.
◦ Collects scented candles and deems hand sanitizers as Very Important.
◦ Extremely dedicated to her members and once stayed up all night to make custom shoes for them
◦ Loves drawing and coloring, hobbies she took up after her own father.
◦ Does not like skinskip.
◦ Aimee Lee Lucas revealed in a magazine interview that CL is the most different member on- and off-stage.
◦ It seems like due to her crush on Teddy, she has developed a fondness for teddy bears in general. Most famously spotted clutching a Rilakkuma stuffed toy.
◦ Known to be temperamental at times.
Solo works to date:
◦ Position: Main Vocal
◦ English Name: Jenny
◦ Nickname: Bomtori (Korean for Hamtaro), Bom-tan (ボムたん; coined by Japanese fans)
◦ Date of birth: March 24, 1984
◦ Talent: Singing
◦ Lived in America for ten years.
◦ Attended Lesley University for Psychology but later transferred to Berklee College of Music in Boston with the help of her aunt against her parents' wishes.
◦ Auditioned for YG first in 2002 and was rejected but still persevered and tried again every year until she was accepted in 2005.
◦ Her favorite colors are green, red and pink.
◦ She was very close to her aunt who had taken care of her while she was in America. In an episode of 2NE1 TV season two, she can be seen visiting her aunt's grave.
◦ Her mother was an artist, who gave up her passion for her daughters.
◦ Goeun, her older sister, is a famous cellist, who studied in Europe; she featured in Bom's solo stage for Nolza '11.
◦ Her legs are her greatest asset and she's often flaunting them in shorts.
◦ Not generally fashion-conscious and prefers to be comfortable more than anything.
◦ Dislikes exericising and going to the gym; generally lazy although she has mentioned liking sports (e.g. ping pong)
◦ Typically brave and not afraid of heights yet hates being startled.
◦ Loves corn a lot. Very much.
◦ Biggest eater in the group.
◦ Obsesses over health food (pills, not real food), nail art and make-up.
◦ She can play the piano as well as the flute and cello.
◦ Well-known for her quirks, most notably her Ehhh? that G-Dragon imitates often.
◦ Doesn't have a temper but is known to whine a lot.
◦ Overexcessive usage of excited emoticons.
◦ Superstitious and believes in luck/fate/charms; very much believes in lucky (red) underwear.
◦ Extremely emotional and cries easily when she feels touched.
◦ Has three dogs: Choco, Danchou (Button), and most recently, Yeoreum (Summer).
◦ Loves Poongpoong from the series The Moomins; fans gifted a giant toy of it for her in Nolza '11.
Solo works to date:
◦ Position: Sub Vocal
◦ Nicknames: Ssandara Park, Ssantokki (Ssan-rabbit)
◦ Date of birth: November 12, 1984
◦ Talent: Acting, singing, public relations
◦ Adores/dotes on Tamtam, a doll CL made for her sometime before their debut.
◦ Dara's family moved to the Philippines because of her father's job.
◦ Was an active star in the Phillipines and rumored to be dating fellow star, Hero Angeles.
◦ Fluent in Tagalog.
◦ Had a cameo role in "The Return of Iljimae" as Rie.
◦ She's terrified of dogs and would not be anywhere near Gaho; her relationship with dogs has improved since Dougie.
◦ Her younger brother is Thunder from MBLAQ, whom she supports intensively, and she also has a younger sister, Durami.
◦ Nicknamed krung krung because of her loud crazy personality while in the Phillipines.
◦ Very hard on herself and often doesn't feel like she contributes enough in the group.
◦ Loves instant ramyun like no other and buys as much as possible when out grocery shopping.
◦ Likes wearing hats and beanies.
◦ Created a fad with her palm tree hair when the group first debuted.
◦ Endorsed Cass Beer; her biggest endorsement right now is Etude House.
◦ Was a huge Lee Hyori fan and once waited outside her house to meet her.
◦ Ssandara Park is a nickname CL gave to her pre-debut and Dara hates it.
◦ Has a high tolerance level but explodes when angry; nicknamed Baby Tsunami when she was in the Phillipines.
◦ Extremely sensitive person by nature; once became angry when the members didn't respond to her texts, going as far as to deleting their numbers briefly from her phone
◦ Prefers texting to talking on the phone because it's awkward for her.
◦ Has been practicing with the guitar for quite sometime.
Solo works to date:
◦ Position: Sub Vocal/Rapper
◦ Nicknames: (Ero) Mingkki
◦ Date of birth: January 18, 1994
◦ Talent: Singing, rapping and dancing
◦ Born and raised in Gwangju.
◦ Granddaughter of dancer and actress, Gong Okjin and comes from a family of professional dancers.
◦ Contacted by a YGE official to join the company when she was in 5th grade.
◦ Was supposed to debut with May Doni as a duo.
◦ Went to the same dance academy as Seungri, Jung Yunho from DBSK and Goo Hara from Kara.
◦ Won numerous awards: Various Dancing Contests' Youngest Experienced Award Winner; 2004 Millyohrae Academy Award; 2004 Gwangju's Kkijjang Contest Dance Award.
◦ G-Dragon called her a country girl, which Minzy dislikes.
◦ A religious person, goes to the same Christian group meetings as members of SME.
◦ Loves Stitch, Black Eyed Peas (expressed happiness upon meeting them in 2NE1TV), dogs.
◦ Now has a dog named Dougie.
◦ Has the most explosive temper out of the four; used to curse loudly when angry.
◦ Collects Gundam figurines; TOP of Big Bang personally gifted her a toy keychain from his collection for her birthday.
◦ Dethroned CL as the aegyo queen within the group.
Solo works to date: